Solution 4 Building were engaged as the Head contractor for the City of Wanneroo on the construction upgrade works and associated external works at the existing Mary Lindsay Homestead Building. Demolition works comprised of the removal of existing wall lining and corrugated roof cover. The following items were to be retained as they had heritage value:
- Existing Chimney to be made good and repainted.
- Fireplace, Hearth and Mantle to be retained and made good.
- Jarrah Roof structure – allowed to replace damaged elements.
- An Existing internal window retained, and timber frame made good.
Remedial works to the foundations, floor structure, super and roof structure of the homestead included:
- Concrete foundation construction and repairs.
- New Jarrah flooring.
- Operable walls separating galleries.
- New veranda structure.
- Mechanical equipment compound & Bin compound.
- Timber decking to new deck.
- Aluminium roof cover and bricked paved areas including ramp.